*Hi **Brian,*

Even I tried the same thing, i.e, I checked all the options together and tried to import, however it didn't work. I suggest you to go with the earlier option i.e, "*Select one option at a time in the recommended order and click import*", since this work for me.

Hope this helps...

*Regards,
Sandeep
Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
An ISO 20000 certified company.
Consulting | Outsourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL
Web : www.vyomlabs.com*

Sokol, Brian wrote:
**

I just installed ITSM 7.03 on our test server and I am having a problem with the DSL. I tried to followed the step in the configuration guide to import the data. It says to select only one option at a time in the order presented and click Import Data. When I select the first option, Version, and click import nothing happens or else it processes very quickly. I then tried Manufacturer and it runs briefly. When I try to import File Data my user tool seems to hang. I then checked out the knowledgebase on BMC's support site and found an entry that confused me more. Here is what it said:

Step 4 on page 388 in chapter 20 of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.0 Configuration Guide says to "Select an option for the type of data to import. Select only one option at a time, in the following recommended order"

but selecting only one option at a time does not work.
However, this does work if all options were selected at once. Your user tool may appear to "hang"/"lockup" for quite some time, but if you let it go it should respond again after some time and the import should complete then. There are reports of the user tool being "frozen" for a few hours, but eventually everything was imported if they did not disturb/terminate it.

Defect SW00252123 has been submitted for this to find out if this is a documentation bug, or a product bug.

So are they saying that the documentation is wrong? Should I select all the options at the same time? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.