My research has shown that this is typically caused by a difference
between the js and the actual object definition when changes are made
to an object via the admin tool.

To elaborate on what I mean: When you view a form in the mid-tier, a
series of js files are created on the server side.  These are
retrieved by the client (browser) and cached.  When a change is made
to the form in the admin tool, the js is rebuilt the next time the
page is viewed.  Because the client cached the js, it attempts various
dom maneuvering/manipulation of the page rendered by the servlet
container; since the page no longer matches what the js is trying to
work against, an exception is thrown when some boundary is over
stepped.  That is why clearing the cache resolves the issue.  That is
why the problem most typically occurs when a form is changed (e.g.,
adding/removing table field columns, results list columns,
adding/removing fields, etc.).

Axton Grams