From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gidd
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:31 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Business Time question

Gary,

Take a look at the viewlet:

http://www.buoyantsolutions.net/ARS_Education.html

"Using Business Time"

HTH

Regards...Gidd

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gary Opela (Corporate)
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:21 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Business Time question
**
I'm new to business time, but it looks pretty straight forward.

I am reading up on it, but thought I'd poll the list while I read (and took a
lunch).

I have a tmp field I'm setting on my help desk form when a ticket is created.
That field, called tmpResolution Time, stores the resolution time for the
customer, based on the severity. So, let's say for company A, for a severity
Low ticket, they have a resolution time of 480 minutes.

I have a field called Req Resolution Date/Time. This is a date/time field. I
have a filter that will set this field to the $TIMESTAMP$ + (tmpResolution Time
* 60), which will give me the resolved date. I need to, however, use Business
time to only factor in supported hours.

What command would I use to substitute the (tmpResolution Time * 60) part of
the equation above to only factor in supported hours. If the ticket was created
at noon, then I don't want to show 8PM as being the required resolved time, if
the support hours end at 5:00. It shouldn't be until 3 hours into the next day
that it shows.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___