I see, actually this issue is not reported as a bug on BMC, but you know almost
all times we find the bugs and the tell us "it's gonna get fixed on the next
release"

On the client side, you do not need to restore anything to see the group it's
because the recache executes almost on real-time, why don't you create a filter
that executes when the client it's set to Web, and execute a run process
calling the arreload utility in order to do a recache on Web... maybe this
could be a troubleshooting instead you do a flush cache.

Also another solution it's that you configure your cache settings on mid tier,
to execute a flush cache every hour, but the problem here is that if your web
server does not have enough memory it could cause a lack of memory or a slow
time response from Mid Tier.

Regards

Hugo Ruesga perotsystems® US  972.577.7000MX +52 (33) 3332.3868

The information contained in and transferred with this electronic message is
intended only for the recipient(s) designated above, it is protected by law and
it may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it, and do not
disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:49:57 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Mid-Tier
caching with new groupsTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The flushing of the mid-tier cache will indeed cause the group to be available.
I don’t have to do anything for the user tool, the group is available the
instant I create it.

This is really becoming a pain. I have added a button to my group form that
says “Create Role.” It will launch the Roles form, and pre-populate all of the
fields. Unfortunately, my admins will have to do a mid-tier flush after
creating the group, before clicking the Create Role button. This is not a good
solution.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI® Level 3 Rated Company

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Hugo RuesgaSent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:41 PMTo: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: Mid-Tier caching with new groups

It's supposed when you add a group either on user tool or mid-tier, the server
must enforce a recache that affects the tables and regenerates the user_cache &
group_cache tables... after you do the flush cache on mid-tier... the group
merge or it's unavailable from Mid-Tier?

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:38:50 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Mid-Tier
caching with new groupsTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You have access to the group though as soon as it is created. For example, you
can directly add the group to a user, or to a role. The user will need to log
out/back in before using the group, but you can still add it, at least in the
user tool, but not in the mid-tier. This smells of a bug to me. Adding a group
should cause a recache on the MT just like it does for the server.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI® Level 3 Rated Company

html_____Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___
¿Quieres los emoticonos y guiños más divertidos? Descárgate Internet Explorer
7, y consigue contenidos exclusivos cada semana. ¡Gratis!
http://www.vivelive.com/IEAK7