You can use the same container (i.e., tomcat installation) for
multiple mid-tiers.  The key with the native libraries is to use a
classloader to load the jars that is common to both applications.
This is typically accomplished by placing the jars that contain the
classes that load the system libraries in a in a place where both
webapps have a common classloader, then removing the jars (jni) from
the deployed app classloader.  This has to be done to use the CI
viewer, slm collector, and mid-tier from the same container.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Plan on using the Common classloader.

Axton Grams