        -----Original Message-----
        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Coleman, Gavin
        Sent: 29 August 2008 11:19
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Help with Run Process - Deleting files on a server

        **

        Hi List - I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a Run Process
action  running in a Filter that is trying to delete some files on the
Windows 2003 server.

        My syntax for this is:

        Del "$RP API Folder$logs/$z1D_RP_Delete_Logs_Day$/*.log"

        Values for these variables are

        $RP API Folder$ = C:/remedy/install/itspdev/api/bin/

        $z1D_RP_Delete_Logs_Day$ = Saturday

        Looking in the log files I can see the following happening:

        0: Process

        <FLTR> <TID: 0000002828> <RPC ID: 0000002145> <Queue: Fast
> <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: GCOLEMAN                      >
DEL "C:/remedy/install/itspdev/api/bin/logs/Saturday/*.log"

        <FLTR> <TID: 0000002828> <RPC ID: 0000002145> <Queue: Fast
> <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: GCOLEMAN                      > ****
Error while performing filter action

        I have tried the Run Process with quotes and without and nothing
works. I get another error in the arerror.log which shows the following:

        390620 : Failure while trying to run the filter/escalation
process (ARERR 24)

        Fri Aug 29 10:57:42 2008     No error : DEL
"C:/remedy/install/itspdev/api/bin/logs/Saturday/*.log"

        Can anybody point out where I'm going wrong? Or failing that
suggest a way to delete some files on the server based on variables?

        Thanks for your help!

        Gavin Coleman

        Senior Analyst/Programmer

        Computacenter (UK) Ltd

        Services & Solutions

        Hatfield Avenue

        Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9TW, United Kingdom

        T: +44 (0) 1707 631662

        E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        W: www.computacenter.com

        COMPUTACENTER PLC is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 03110569. Its registered office is at Hatfield
Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW

        COMPUTACENTER (UK) Limited is registered in England and Wales
with the registered number 01584718. Its registered office is at
Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10
9TW

        The contents of this email are intended for the named addressee
only.

        It contains information which may be confidential and which may
also be privileged.

        Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive
mail for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else.

        If you receive it in error please notify us immediately and then
destroy it.

        Computacenter information is available from:

        http://www.computacenter.com

        __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the
Answers Are" html___

***Disclaimer****
This e-mail and any attachments are for the intended addressee(s) only and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not a named
addressee, do not use, retain or disclose such information. This email is not
guaranteed to be free from viruses and does not bind Access in any contract or
obligation.
SERVICE GLASGOW LLP trading as ACCESS Registered in Scotland. No: SO301705
Registered Office: 191 West George Street, Glasgow , G2 2LD