We just got hit with this too.  We were planning on spending some
money on Change and Asset.  We were then told by a 3rd party vendor
that the pricing model has changed.  We could still buy under the old
pricing model, but we would not get any credit for it when we finally
moved to the new pricing.  BMC is planning on moving all customers to
the new pricing model in 2 years.  Any Remedy purchases you made prior
to some date in July 2008 would get you a credit towards the new
pricing.  It is not 100% credit since the pricing model has changed.
The old pricing model was the Green and now it is the Blue.
This really threw a wrench in our plans.  We also found out that if
you are getting xx% discount from a vendor, that same discount gets
applied to your credit, so the amout of your credit is reduced.  BMC
has a profit margin that they must meet in order to move a customer to
the new pricing model.  They really should be notifying all customers
of this change and the fact that any new purchases under the old model
will not count when the eventually do move to the new pricing.  It
also seems that nobody has all the information on this.  There seems
to be little or no documentation on this other than some internal
presentations to the sales team.
We ended up moving to the new model and spent $40,000 more than we
wanted.  With the new support pricing (18% of what you payed and
credit for what support you have already payed for the year), we will
end up getting our money back over 4 years.
The benefit is that you get all the ITSM applications, development
licenses, and a few other items.  Where you get into trouble with the
user licenses.  Those prices went way up.  They have a suite license
now that gives a user access to all itsm applications.  You can still
buy the individual user application licenses as well.

James