From: Tim O'Connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:40 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Merging of non-reconciled child CIs

Matt,

It sounds like the functionality I am looking for is not there. I was hoping
for some kind of middle ground between manually adding every CI into BMC ASSET
then reconciling to get the attributes synced up (very slow), or
auto-identifying all CIs in the discovery dataset and firehosing them all into
BMC ASSET (very fast, but difficult to validate).

If you were only forced to manually populate Computer System CIs into BMC
ASSET, and the discovery dataset child CIs could auto-identify once their
computer system parent was identified, it would be a very good compromise.

On this same topic, computer system child CIs should also have the option of
inheriting ownership/support data/relationships and asset lifecycle
data/relationships from their parent computer system CIs. A lot of work needs
to be done here to enhance the maintainability of large CI count production
datasets.