From: Shafqat Ayaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:47:28 PM
Subject: SLM Install

**
Hi Guys
An install problem with the SLM Module. I am trying to install the SLM Module
on my QA server, and the install repeatedly fails. It gives the message that
the install finished successfully, but no SLM forms appear on the server.
Looking at the install logs, there does not seem to be any errors. It just
reaches a stage where it re-starts the ARSever after doing part of the install
and then gives the message that the install was succesful and exits. Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated.
I am talking to BMC support regarding this issue, and they seem as stumped as I
am.

ARS 7.0.1 patch 8
Oracle 10
SunOs 5.10
SLM 7.01

I had previously done the install with patch 5 and it went fine. I have
installed it on patch 8 on the Development server without any problems.
The only difference between the dev server and the QA is, that  there are two
servers in QA as part of the server group. I have tried installing after taking
the server out of the server group and doing it as a stand alone server, no
luck.

thank you as always for any help or pointers you can provide.

shafqat ayaz