I didn't think about that too long, obviously :-).  You'll still have to
walk a table (if joined) or tableS (not joined), in any case, right?

Come to think of it, shouldn't the parent form already have a a table field
with the child incidents displayed?  And the Child incident probably already
has a table field listing the related tasks, right?  So, you just need two
Filter guides, and also add assigned to and assignee group to both table
fields (hidden?).  The Filter guide on the child incident form walks the
task table field and collects assigned_to and assignee group concatenated to
two fields on that form (which are then added to the Child Incident table
field on the Parent Incident form).  Another filter guide does the same
thing on the parent incident form, but also collects the two fields that are
the list of tasks.  The filter guides are triggered on modify and submit.
The button that adds children and tasks can also run process set-change-flag
1 to ensure the modify filter runs every time something is added.

I'm probably missing something but I think that is generally how I did
something similar.  Good luck!

Brien