Gary,

Actually ...there is a difference between COLCOUNT and a "ROWCOUNT" function.

REF: BasicGuide-630.2006.05.09.pdf Pg 647
"
COLCOUNT (column) or (table)
"
<snip>
"
For a table or results list field, returns the total number of rows.

For a column field, returns the total number of non-NULL rows in a given column.
"

So if you call COLCOUNT and pass it a reference to a Table field then
it does a "row count".
However, if you pass it a column of a table then it counts the
non-null rows in that column.

The reason that can be very helpful is if you are using the
updatability of columns. (For example.) The user may want/need to know
that there are N rows that need attention before they can continue
with a given task.

So... as implemented, Remedy's COLCOUNT function is a super set of
what ROWCOUNT could do if it worked the way I think you would want it
to work.

But I am not clear as to what the number would be if table chunking
was involved. I would guess that it would give you the current chunk
size and not the total number of records in all of the data chunks.

So if your feeling chunky in your table fields... do some testing if
you want the Total total instead of the chunk total. But I think $
LASTCOUNT $ should always get the Total total just after the table was
refreshed in an active link.

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black