Thanks Guys,

I agree with you.  I noticed the part that doesn't make sense but believe it or
not I have a reasonable reason for using it.  As for auditing, we've had our
share of issues with it but are (over) using it.

I disabled the delete activity in the Sandbox reconciliation job so that when a
CI in Production (Gold?) is touched by a person, I can have our standard
reconciliation job basically use the equal Sandbox CI at a higher precedence
and then more or less cancel the normal discovered CI in the recon job.  When
that normal discovered CI has "caught up" to the human modified CI, in a set of
configured fields I might add, then the Sandbox CI is deleted and the CI is no
longer human modified and participates in reconciliation updates as normal.  I
also cannot add an attribute indicating the human modification state to
BaseElement.

The Sandbox indeed makes no sense whatsoever as implemented with the OOTB
workflow.  The Updated CI is pushed (supposedly) to the Sandbox, and then
immediately reconciled to production AND deleted from Sandbox.  Also note the
comments about the NULL Option in the OOTB Job.  This may be there to cover the
issue I encountered below.

We now have a ticket with BMC but alas, I am going to have to do something to
make it work sooner than I expect a response or a fix.  Perhaps the Overlay
feature works better?

Cheers
Ben

  _____