Brian,

I ran into the same exact error.  To correct, I had to create the path
it was looking for and probably copy over a few of the files as a
workaround.  Sorry, I no longer recall what those files are and I'm at a
different company now.  I was told that the next patch was going to
correct that issue.  At the time I was on ARS 7.0 patch 3 and ITSM 7.0.1
patch 3.  Since you're at a much later version than what I was at the
time, I'm guessing they haven't patched that or that they reintroduced
the problem.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> bso...@scholastic.com 02/26/09 11:14 AM >>>

**
I have been trying in vain for many, many months to get BO to work with
our MidTier. Business Objects says it is a BMC problem and vice versa.
On top of that I don't really trust our Crystal admin. Up to now I could
get the reports to display but always got an error when I tried to print
them. I am able to export the report to a pdf but can not print it. Now
I have another problem. I just updated the report in the remedy Report
form and get this error:
An unexpected error has occurred
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$Unexpected: An
unexpected error has occurred cause:java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
"C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe"
-report "C:\Program Files\AR
System\ARWebReportViewer\reports\m11c23c11b16\6shgOZtHHZgKVndQxd8aK8q3Ak\POReport.rpt"
-newrpt -discard -version 1100 -thumbnail -outfile -token
z...@ag@_E\TAgWDIea[I<P0QZ9V<;YJ;JmL8fP82mY7]Q`91jlhYgd3==8SkcM=C1f=f5P:L3S0]Gd;NGai31_De<<P0QZ9V<;Yj;J
-token -outfile -thumbnail 1100 -version -discard -newrpt
System\ARWebReportViewer\reports\m11c23c11b16\6shgOZtHHZgKVndQxd8aK8q3Ak\POReport.rpt?
Files\AR ?C:\Program -report
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe?
Enterprise Objects\BusinessObjects Files\Business CreateProcess:
java.io.IOException: was thrown originally exception The occurred has
error="3" unexpected
detail:AnmL8fP82mY7]Q`91jlhYgd3==8SkcM=C1f=f5P:L3S0]Gd;NGai31_De<</h3"

The problem has to do with reportadd.exe. I assume this is copying over
my new version of the report file. Our install of BOXI is on our D
drive. The reportadd.exe file is located at d:\boerir2\common\3.5\bin
In the error above it is looking for this file on the C drive. I also
found this KB on the BMC support site:
Can Business Objects XI be installed on a non-C drive to run Crystal
reports in Mid-Tier?
Product
Environment
Solution
You should always install BOXI on "C:\" drive. If you don't install
BOXI on "C:\" drive, you will get crystal exception such as below while
running crystal reports.
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$Unexpected: An
unexpected error has occurred cause:java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
"C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe"
-report
So is this a Business Objects bug or a BMC bug? BMC is not referencing
any kind of KB or bug note from business objects.  Also has anyone
experienced the problem I am having where you can display the report but
not print it?
Running this on ARS/Mid Tier 7.1/Win Server 2003/IIS
Thanks,
Brian __Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are" html___