If your company has another business objects environment, it is possible to
install the ITSM universe in that environment and avoid these problems
altogether.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sokol, Brian
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Business Objects

**

I have been trying in vain for many, many months to get BO to work with our
MidTier. Business Objects says it is a BMC problem and vice versa. On top of
that I don't really trust our Crystal admin. Up to now I could get the reports
to display but always got an error when I tried to print them. I am able to
export the report to a pdf but can not print it. Now I have another problem. I
just updated the report in the remedy Report form and get this error:

An unexpected error has occurred
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$Unexpected: An unexpected error
has occurred cause:java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: "C:\Program
Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe" -report
"C:\Program Files\AR
System\ARWebReportViewer\reports\m11c23c11b16\6shgOZtHHZgKVndQxd8aK8q3Ak\POReport.rpt"
 -newrpt -discard -version 1100 -thumbnail -outfile -token
z...@ag@_E\TAgWDIea[I<P0QZ9V<;YJ;JmL8fP82mY7]Q`91jlhYgd3==8SkcM=C1f=f5P:L3S0]Gd;NGai31_De<<P0QZ9V<;Yj;J
 -token -outfile -thumbnail 1100 -version -discard -newrpt
System\ARWebReportViewer\reports\m11c23c11b16\6shgOZtHHZgKVndQxd8aK8q3Ak\POReport.rpt?
 Files\AR ?C:\Program -report
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe? Enterprise
Objects\BusinessObjects Files\Business CreateProcess: java.io.IOException: was
thrown originally exception The occurred has error="3" unexpected
detail:AnmL8fP82mY7]Q`91jlhYgd3==8SkcM=C1f=f5P:L3S0]Gd;NGai31_De<</h3"

The problem has to do with reportadd.exe. I assume this is copying over my new
version of the report file. Our install of BOXI is on our D drive. The
reportadd.exe file is located at d:\boerir2\common\3.5\bin  In the error above
it is looking for this file on the C drive. I also found this KB on the BMC
support site:

Can Business Objects XI be installed on a non-C drive to run Crystal reports in
Mid-Tier?
Product
Environment
Solution
You should always install BOXI on "C:\" drive. If you don't install BOXI on
"C:\" drive, you will get crystal exception such as below while running crystal
reports.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$Unexpected: An unexpected error
has occurred cause:java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: "C:\Program
Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise
11\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.Report\ReportAdd.exe" -report

So is this a Business Objects bug or a BMC bug? BMC is not referencing any kind
of KB or bug note from business objects.  Also has anyone experienced the
problem I am having where you can display the report but not print it?

Running this on ARS/Mid Tier 7.1/Win Server 2003/IIS

Thanks,
Brian
__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.