From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Business Objects

**
I see.  In our environment we have a separate business objects instance
maintained by our reporting team that is used for multiple applications.  For
the ITSM apps, we bought BMC Analytics, and for our custom apps we just pull
the data directly from the database in the custom universes we created.
Instead of doing reporting directly from the Mid Tier, we just have links to
the appropriate portions of WEBI (the web-based Business Objects environment)
to pull up those reports.  To the end user, it doesn't make a difference if you
have BOXI installed right on the Remedy Mid Tier server or if it's on another
server, if you run the full BOXI version since it's just a matter of pointing
hyperlinks to the right place.

Shawn Pierson