Another method is to use a free utility named WksInfo I created a while
back.  It returns this and other information such as path to Office
applications with just one $PROCESS$ call.  After you retrieve the
information ALs would then parse each setting you need.  It's open source so
you can modify it to return additional information.

http://arswiki.org/projects/dotnetutil

HTH

Stephen
Remedy Skilled Professional