From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Chowdhury, Tauf
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Email Restriction - ARS 7.1 Patch 005

**
Todd,
I think your issue might be the java heap size. The following will show you how
to increase the # of threads used to 4.
You can try the following (assuming windows here):

1.       Open up the registry and go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>BMC Remedy Email
Engine>Parameters

2.       Edit the JVM Option Count. Should be set to 2. Change it to 4.

3.       Create a new String. Value name should be   JVM Option Number 2
                Value data should be      -Xms128m

4.       Create another new String. Value name should be   JVM Option Number 3
        Value data should be      -Xmx512m

5.       Now in the emaildaemon.properties file, use these params:

a.       com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.NumberOfSenderThreads=4

b.      com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.FetchUserGroupInfoOnDemand=true

Hope this helps your performance woes. It helped me a great deal.

Tauf Chowdhury
Analyst, Service Management
Office: 631.858.7765
Mobile:646.483.2779