I don't know much about it, but I have also followed the example and
implemented the spell check.  Doesn't it do a copy and paste as part
of the spell check?  I think it copies the text, opens word and the
word spell check, then pastes it in.  Maybe you can look at that OLE
and take just a piece of it to solve your issue.

James