From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 9:26 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Custom Approval Question

**

Good morning,

Based on everyone's feedback a few days ago, I decided against using the
Change Manager field to do approvals by testers.  I set up a new field
and have that being populated correctly, but there is an issue I am
getting with trying to set up that user as an approver.

Basically, I set up an ad-hoc process (the only one being used at this
time) and modeled it after how the Change Manager field can be set up
for ad hoc approvals.  Everything seems to be correct, except that when
I go into the logs, I see the following error when it tries to find the
first approver.

<APPR>    Process a 'New-Details' command

<APPR>    Working with process Change Requsted For Approval

<APPR>    Create a new Approval Detail record

<APPR>       created new entry with ID 000000000004222

<APPR>    Check auto-approve rules

<APPR>    Checking for Signature Collector Rules

<APPR>    Skip self-approve rules as approval request not from
originator of entry

<APPR>    Check for self-assign as approval not initiated by owner

<APPR>       Option set to never self-assign

<APPR>    Get first approver

<APPR> * Field specified for first approver is not defined on the form

<APPR> Field specified for first approver is not defined on the form
(ARAPPERR 4603)

<APPR>    536871244

<APPR>    Set approval details record for this entry to state Error

<APPR>       Clean all related support entries attached to detail record

<APPR>    Perform done rules

<APPR>       Process done rule Change Requested - Error

<APPR>          --> Match -- done rule applied

<APPR>       Starting processing of set fields operation

<APPR>          TempApprovalServerResult (301311800) = Error

<APPR>          Change Request Status (7) = 5

<APPR>          Status Reason (1000000150) =

<APPR>          Active Approval (1000003278) =

<APPR>       Done processing of set fields operation

<APPR>       Process done rule Change Requested - Cancelled

<APPR>          --> Failed -- done rule failed

<APPR>       Process done rule Change Requested - Rejected

<APPR>          --> Failed -- done rule failed

<APPR>       Process done rule Change Requested - Approved

<APPR>          --> Failed -- done rule failed

<APPR>       Approval operation completed -- master record updated

<APPR> Operation cancelled due to error (ARAPPNOTE 4502)

<APPR>    New-Details - CHG:Infrastructure Change - CRQ000000002074

<APPR>    Delete pending item -- 000000000996386

Any suggestions on how this can be addressed?  I'm thinking I have to
add my new field somewhere else, but it's on CHG:Infrastructure Change
and even the three way form for approvals so I can show other approvers
who did the testing.  Where else should it go?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Southern Union

Private and confidential as detailed here
<http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail> . If you cannot access
hyperlink, please e-mail sender.

Are"_

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
e-mail and any printout.