From: Carey Matthew Black [mailto:black....@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: What would $--1$ relate to?

Robert,

I would not use it. ($--1$)

Macros are technically "not supported" since version ARS 5. The idea that they
records $NULL$ as "bla...bla...bla" is not a detail that I want to deal with
anymore. :) The fact that they still work in the
v7.5 User Tool appears to be... well... almost unexplainable.

However I would use the keyword of $ NULL $ as necessary.
     I know that is vague, but I am not trying to be flippant or anything. It
is just hard to explain the type of situation you would use a "screw driver"
without saying something like "When I need to do something with a screw."

I have almost totally given up on Macros. I keep waiting for Macros v2.0 to
happen, but that has yet to show itself. :) Maybe in v8.0? (or v8.5... or v9.0?)

If I could only figure out why some of my Open Window actions (to run
reports) seem to quietly fail for some forms and/or qualifications...
maybe I could replace all of the functionality of Macros with custom workflow.
GRRRR....  (Still stuck in v6.3 land.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP) ARS = Action Request

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.