thanks for confirmation and suggestions, folks!  One other quick question
because we haven't, to date, ever added any AR reports to system.. is
there a standard location where these should be placed so they can be
referenced by workflow?

Julie

SUBSCRIBE arslist Melissa <melissa.r...@stls.frb.org>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/22/2009 10:11 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Print button, Incident, mid-tier - no out-of-box functionality?

**
I created a Remedy report and changed the workflow to call that report
instead of the crystal report when it's being run from the web.  That way
the client will still print the crystal report and the web willl be able
to print something.

Julie L Kanakanui JLKANAKA <julie_kanaka...@uncg.edu>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/22/2009 09:09 AM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Print button, Incident, mid-tier - no out-of-box functionality?

**
Hello,

We are currently implementing Remedy Service Desk 7.1 and will be
deploying both User and mid-tier clients.  Just ran across what appears to
be the situation with the "Print" functionality on HPD:HelpDesk in which
the out-of-box functionality is to display/run a Crystal report, which
unfortunately means it won't work in mid-tier unless you are running
3rd-party web reporting software.  (Unlike in Remedy 6 where out-of-box
functionality for Print Case was to run an AR report, which would run
equally well in User or mid-tier...).

The message I'm getting from Tech Support is that this is indeed the case,
that there is no out-of-box functionality provided that permits user to
print an Incident ticket, without having installed, say, Crystal
Enterprise.

Is this what other folks have found?  (I just find it hard to believe that
such a basic functionality of a ticketing app isn't provided out-of-box!).
  And if so, advice as to solutions would be appreciated ('m sure there
are ways to build custom workflow to provide an AR report for mid-tier
clients, for example...)

Thanks for any advice,

Julie Kanakanui _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist:
"Where the Answers Are"_