I am having a strange problem on our development server. The
installation completes successfully and starts the ARS Server and everything
seems good. Until I stop the service and restart it. Then I get memory
allocation errors.

We are beginning to suspect a problem with the start-up script itself as we
have already checked out other potential OS related configuration areas such as
ulimits etc. Besides the installer if we try reinstalling with the upgrade
option or share option has no problems starting the Server. So the start-up
script used by the installer has no problems starting it. It is the script that
gets coded in the bin directory that looks like it has a fault somewhere.

Does anyone have ARS 7.5 patch 1 running successfully on AIX 5.x using Oracle
10g as the back-end remote database? More importantly, does your system
restart with no problems after you issue a arsystem stop by a arsystem start???

If you have the same problem as I, and have a ticket open with BMC, please let
me know. We might be able to compare facts/notes etc.

If you have no problems restarting your AR Server 7.5 Patch 1 using the
arsystem start-up script, I would like a copy of your arsystem start-up script
to compare with mine.

Joe