Getting the Request ID for a web service on submit

We have an appliance that sends notifications to IP phones using Cisco UCM
via a web service from Remedy to the appliance.  The issue we are running
into is that the web service call is done in a set fields action and the
Request ID is not available in phase 1 on create.  There is no issue calling
the web service during a modify.

The options I have considered are:

1.       Set the web service filter to only fire on modify and doing a push
field to the record that was just created to trigger web service.  I don’t
want to retrigger all of the other filters that just fired when the request
was submitted.

2.       We could push the record to another form that would call the web
service.  This isn’t too much trouble but I would like to avoid building a
form just for this (even though it could be reused as a web service
interface form).

3.       Create an escalation that will set the flag field, triggering the
web service call after the ticket is created.  Again this would fire all of
the filters just to send the info to the appliance, we already have a ton of
escalations I don’t want to add another one if we don’t have to, and there
would a delay in the notification being sent.

How are other people handing sending the Request ID to a web service on
submit?  So far option 2 is looking like the best one.

Thanks,
Jason

ARS 7.5 p1

MS SQL 2005

Windows 2008 x64 (both db and app servers)