From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Getting the Request ID for a web service on submit

**
Getting the Request ID for a web service on submit

We have an appliance that sends notifications to IP phones using Cisco UCM via
a web service from Remedy to the appliance.  The issue we are running into is
that the web service call is done in a set fields action and the Request ID is
not available in phase 1 on create.  There is no issue calling the web service
during a modify.

The options I have considered are:

1.       Set the web service filter to only fire on modify and doing a push
field to the record that was just created to trigger web service.  I don't want
to retrigger all of the other filters that just fired when the request was
submitted.

2.       We could push the record to another form that would call the web
service.  This isn't too much trouble but I would like to avoid building a form
just for this (even though it could be reused as a web service interface form).

3.       Create an escalation that will set the flag field, triggering the web
service call after the ticket is created.  Again this would fire all of the
filters just to send the info to the appliance, we already have a ton of
escalations I don't want to add another one if we don't have to, and there
would a delay in the notification being sent.

How are other people handing sending the Request ID to a web service on submit?
 So far option 2 is looking like the best one.

Thanks,
Jason

ARS 7.5 p1
MS SQL 2005
Windows 2008 x64 (both db and app servers)

copies of the original message.