I am setting up HTML formatted Assignment notification messages (Notification Message Tag=HPD-INC-GroupAssignment) in ITSM. Although the reply message contains the Request ID label/value pair, the Email Engine is returning error 4918 "Missing Action Parameter" with Appended Text "Request ID". The action is Modify. I have tried this using Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and OWA as mail clients.

The intent is to set field 'z1D Action' in form HPD:IncidentInterface to ASSIGN. A custom filter will handle setting the incident to "In Progress" and assign it to the support staff member who responds.

Any idea why a Modify action is returning an error?

Selected portion of HTML Body of message received in AR System Email Messages form in response to message generated by notification engine:
-----begin-----
<P><FORM target=_blank>
<INPUT value=HPD:IncidentInterface type=hidden name=Schema>
<INPUT value=INC000000001245 type=hidden name="Request ID">
<INPUT value=Modify type=hidden name=Action>
<INPUT value=SupportAction_Results type=hidden name="Result Template">
<INPUT value=elided type=hidden name=Key>
<INPUT value=ASSIGN type=hidden name="!z1D Action!">
</FORM></P>
<BR>##Modify##:[$$/u7Tkpew/7SMh6RfaWb2ZD+htXLUFV2EfZrQWIjom4iy1IQcqjGmBrVXiKr/5dPOIqwXWiGvPdY=$$]</DIV></BODY></HTML>
-----end-----

Server Information
Server Version: 7.1.00 Patch 002 200802011900
Hardware: Intel Pentium
Operating System: Windows NT 5.2
Database Type: SQL -- SQL Server
Database Version: 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 (Intel X86)

Anticipating questions and comments:
1. The message containing the modify action originates from AR System to the user as part of the ITSM notification engine. 2. The user is not modifying any field values, adding new actions, or modifying existing actions when replying to the email that contains the modify action, nor is th Modify key modified.
3.  The security key is valid.
4. The incoming mailbox is configured to allow modifications. I have tested this and can modify incidents in HPD:IncidentInterface using workflow. 5. The outgoing mailbox is not configured to delete outgoing notification messages.