Subject: Issue with Asset Management/DSL
From: "Begosh, Kevin" <kevin.beg...@lmco.com>
Date: Fri, July 31, 2009 1:17 pm
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
I wanted to know if anyone else had run into this and if there were any resolutions.

In working with DSL we have ran into an issue in that Remedy Asset Management/DSL will block you from adding multiple contracts with the same product.  So if you have contract A for Microsoft Visio and you associate the Microsoft Visio configuration to the contract, you are unable to add a second contract and also unable to associate Microsoft Visio to it.  We have hundreds on software contracts with the same product, as I would imagine many complex organizations would have.

The error message is

“This model version you have selected has already been related to an existing contract (test contract).  Select a different one.  (ARERR 44869)”

Active Link is AST:PDR:RelatePD_015_DupFound – action 1 (ARNOTE 1101)

Am I missing something here?

We are on ITSM 7.02 patch 005
AR Server 7.1 Patch 2

Kevin Begosh, RSP