From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Login id change....

Hi,

No, it does not replace things that way.

First, exact match of char-fields up to 255 will be done. You can set
another max size if you like.

It also converts the user-name-part of Status-History and Diary-fields. No
other text in the Diary-field will be changed.

Quoted replacement CAN be done. If the text is surrounded by single- or
double-quotes, it will replace the text.
Not changed: Mary Smith calls support...
Changed: "Jones", "Smith", "Mladoniczky"
This option must be used for example if you use row level access using
60xxx-fields.

Separator list replacement CAN also be done, where "Mary Smith calls
support" would not be changed, but "Jones, Smith, Mladoniczky" would be
changed.

You can of course disable both the Quoted-replacement and the
Separator-list-replacement.

You can also limit the replacement to specific field ids and forms.

Another thing you can do with the tool is to replace things other than
Login-names. For example if you want to change the content of a
Category-field or something similar.

Finally. If you use the login name "Smith" with a upper case "S" and lower
case "mith", I guess that this could possibly change a text field by
mistake. In most cases, there should be no problem.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.