Make darn sure that you have planned for recovery (back up db before each step,
and make copies of all file directories before beginning), and have tested
recovery procedures (restore db from backup, and deleting or renaming file
folders for applications left behind by any failed install) for each step of
the upgrade, ESPECIALLY for the AtriumCore installer which I have only seen
succeed once in our environment with the minimum number of features.  Some of
the app installers had to be run a second time to clear all errors; not all of
them will run more than once against the same file structure.  I am waiting for
the 7.5.00.003 patches to come out before I try any of this again.

Known problems with AIE, if you have it installed, are that it must be patched
to at least 7.1.00.004 before the upgrade, and if it fails it will delete not
only the instance that you are upgrading but any other instances that are
installed on the same server in the default directory.  I don't know what the
prerequisites are if you are coming in from 7.0 instead of 7.1, but I would
expect there to be some.

If you have customized ANY forms or workflow, rehearse and script the
restoration of those customizations as it is a good bet that the various 7.5
upgrade installers will overwrite them.  Some, like searching for customers in
ITSM 7.0, have been _extensively_ rewritten and that will break any
customizations that you have made to the module.  If you are just using ARS,
not ITSM, the password management code changed a lot from 7.0 to 7.1 and again
to 7.5.

Suggestion: if you have any flashboards that are actively storing History, edit
them to have a current start date and an expiration period, and still watch out
for an explosion of data in the FB:History table.  After upgrading from 7.1 to
7.5, and at the end of one month, our FB:History form suddenly gained 41
million records in two days.

My last testing was in July with all patch 002 distributions on Windows x64
platforms, so your experience will be different but some of the pitfalls will
be the same.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/

ITSM 7.0.02.009 (Incident, Problem, Change Management);
Remedy Knowledge Mgmt 7.2.00.002; Service Level Mgmt 7.1.00.01+, AIE
7.1.00.003+;
Kinetic Request 4.0.3.3, Survey Lite 4.0.3.3, Calendar Lite 1.2+;
on AR Server, Approval, Assignment, Mid-Tier, and Flashboards 7.1.00.002
(AREmail Patch 004 debug)