Thanks Stuart, can you tell me the types of integrations you are password
managing?

Matt

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Schon, Stuart
Sent: 24 September 2009 00:47
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Password Management

**

Works well, easy to turn on, if you have large number of users then it may
take some time to sweep through all users.

One thing that we did not like was that warnings of and expiry of password
was sent out as a email to all users (in our case 20K) not as a dialog when
they log on - this was considered spam and generated considerable
consternation. We worked with BMC to disable all notifications - the only
thing they see now is when the password needs reseting. the password reset
dialog appears when they log in asking them to change password, this happens
every 30 days.

We also added a requirement to include a number in the password - this was
straightforward (though there is an error in the documentation so check the
syntax).

regards

Stuart Schon

Team Manager, Remedy Solutions

FUJITSU AUSTRALIA LIMITED
Level 4, 320 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
T +61 2 9844 0596  M +61 439 475 240

stuart.sc...@au.fujitsu.com <mailto:tracy.mccorm...@au.fujitsu.com>

www.au.fujitsu.com