Hello Mark,

If I remember correctly, standard text email templates process line by line.

For a value that spans multiple lines, you can encase the value with
bracketed dollar signs like this:  [$$ value here $$].

Or to use your example:

Symptom Description !536870930!: [$$This is a test of submitting a ticket
via email from the customer's Remedy

Server to the Navisite Remedy Server.

Please take action ASAP$$]

Let me know if that does it for you!

Kelly Logan

Senior Remedy Developer

 <http://www.cybersolution.us/> Cybernetic Solutions, Inc.

Office:  (313) 586-8334

Mobile:  (313) 645-4552

I have an email template that is used for submitting a new record. It works
fine with on exception.

Symptom Description !536870930!: This is a test of submitting a ticket via
email from the customer's Remedy

Server to the Navisite Remedy Server.

Please take action ASAP

What ends up in the record is:

This is a test of submitting a ticket via email from the customer's Remedy

The book talks about using [] but the examples are [$$Symptom Description$$]
but that would be outgoing. If I use this on the outgoing template I get
this: [$$Short Description$$]

I know that I have missed something really basic here but it is giving me a
headache. Any help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer
NaviSite
mbritt...@navisite.com
(315) 453-2912 x5418 (Phone)

(315) 317.2897 (Cell)

Reduce Cost of IT with Managed Hosting and Application Services from
NaviSite.
Visit www.NaviSite.com Today.

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein,
to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Are"_