You will probably get several different answers to this question. So here is
the first one:

*         If you are assigned a Fixed license there is no time limit on how
long that license is yours.

*         If you are assigned a Floating license this is where the 'time limit'
comes into play.

*         Floating licenses have two parts: Read/Write. Depending on what
happens when a user logs in will determine what part or the floating license
they will get. For instance if you have workflow to capture the last time a
user logs in than the user would be issued the Write part of the floating
license as soon as they log in because they are affection a change to a record.
If there is no change to any record when a user logs in then they should have
been issued the Read part of the Floating license.

*         The time limit is a configurable setting. The minimum is one hour.
This means if a user has the Write portion of a license and stays idle in the
tool for more than one hour the license will change to the Read part of the
Floating license.

*         If the user log out of the tool then the license is supposed to
released immediately. You will find that some of us have not experienced that
phenomenon.

*         I also believe that in the web client it is possible to lower the
time period to 30 minutes.

I hope this helps some.

Roger Nall
Manager, SA Remedy