Hi.

The client has a set up where they have a field called SequenceNumber.  This
field is a decimal number set to a precision of 2.

The reason for this is because they have "subsequence numbers", that is it goes
like 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.

The entries are being grouped by whole number, that is 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 would
belong to one group.  But how to check for such numbers?

One idea that I floated was to use the TRUNC function to get the numbers to
round down.  Then compare the sequence numbers against the truncated number, if
they are between the truncated number and the number + 1, then that is a record
that you're looking for.

The problem that I have is that such a comparison is likely to trigger a type
mismatch error.  Comparing a real to an integer is not supported in any ARS, is
it (I'm using 6.3)?

Anybody got any ideas on how to do this?

http://www.flickr.com/gift/