>From the demos on using Dev Studio that BMC put out it sounded like I
would have to turn something on to get the relationships to work.  Do
you know what it is?

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rod Harris
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 9:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Developer Studio Filter Qualification Question

**
Not sure if others have the same issues or not.

The big issues for me are that the syntax checker in dev studio doesn't
seem to like search menus that reference fields on the current form in
the qualification. I have to revert back to the admin tool for that.

Another issue is that it often won't let me add new forms to an
application.

Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get set/push fields editing
to take.

On the whole I'm finding some of the new features really beneficial.
Being able to edit lots of table columns (or other fields) in one go is
a time saver. The show relationships function is brilliant. Just find a
field that you know is referenced by a bit of workflow you're looking
for and up it comes. The outline view is nice. I use the list view if I
know a field's name or number but not where it is, the hierarchical view
if I know where a field is but not its name. The map by name or id
feature when defining set fields or push fields is fantastic. As I've
got used to it I'm finding it better and better.

There are still a few too many little bugs for my liking but at least we
have the admin tool to fall back on when needed.

It would be nice if I could move workflow between active link and filter
or vice versa via a save as.

On the whole I'm happy with the direction the dev studio is taking.

Rod