From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Looooooooooong update times on ARSCHEMA

**
Listers...

I was helping a person who contacted me look at a performance problem.  I do
not have access to the system.

It appears the update to ARSCHEMA that is called by the CE API call is taking
forever for just ONE record.  In other words when this executes:

UPDATE arschema SET nextId = nextId + 1 WHERE schemaId = xxx

...it works fine for all but 1 row.  Most rows complete in 0.01 seconds or
less.  The troublesome row update can take 90 seconds or more.

I've never seen that.  Has anyone else?  I thinking rebuilding the indexes on
that table is the first thing to try.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com<mailto:wrentf...@stratacominc.com>