I ran into a situation like this where that one form was the "Distributed Pending" form. We had a situation where there were three application servers initiating between 750k and 850k DSO transactions a day. During peak times, the UPDATE ARSCHEMA SET nextId = nextId + 1 WHERE schemaId = ><"Distributed Pending" SchemaID>> was causing significant lock contention at the database level.

We ended up setting the Next-ID-Block-Size parameter to 25 and used a Push Fields action to create a record in a form entitled "APP_DistributedPendingTransactions". We have four separate escalation threads running against the "APP_DistributedPendingTransactions" form and pushing data into the "Distributed Pending" form. We had to take this route because the 'Next-ID-Block-Size' parameter works for every form EXCEPT "Distributed Pending".

The response from BMC support was less than encouraging. They asked us why we needed to DSO so many records and it was recommended that we try an alternate replication technology. We're still using DSO because our work-around performs exceptionally.

If your mystery form is NOT "Distributed Pending", then I'd try setting the Next-ID-Block-Size parameter.

Derek