To fill in some back-story…

                The first Twinkies (don’t remember if it was the 1st RUG or
2nd), were because we had asked the hotel for their menu for a  mid-afternoon
snack platter. They offered the usual grapes/cheese/crackers thing, and a
ridiculous price per head. So we asked about a desert selection, even more
ridiculous price. That’s when we decided to go with the assorted hostess/candy
bar selection – frugal, and seemed to be appropriate for the attendees.

                The next RUG, we knew we were going to have a “lively” ask
management session, and decided that a crowd on a sugar high might be a little
more tame. I think that also marks the first usage of a Twinkie as a
projectile, although I believe it was tossed by a Remedy employee to the OHG.

                As mentioned in the wiki, I can attest that contrary to rumor,
Twinkies will eventually go bad. I had an unopened one in my office for about 6
years, you could have driven a nail with it.

                                   Eric Bergan