The Remedy LDAP plugins only support simple binds for authentication.  If your
LDAP server does not allow this then they will not be able to connect.

Mark

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arsl...@arslist.org] On
Behalf Of Hulmes, Timothy W Mr CTR USA IMCOM [timothy.hul...@us.army.mil]
Sent: 19 November 2009 18:05
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARDBC LDAP Configuration Bind Credentials

Having trouble setting the Binding setting to connect to our Active
directory.  All the account information has been verified and the
account has access manually.  The problem we get is configuring Remedy
to login with the correct security settings.

Using the ldp tool I need to login using the following bind options
(Function Generic, Method SSPI, Synchronous checked, and Use auth.
Identity checked.)

With those options checked I can log in with the account via ldp.

The question is how do I take those settings and configure the ARDBC
LDAP Config form when I one have the option of Bind user and Bind
password?

Tim