From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of R. Alan Monroe
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Am I not understanding auditing?

I was experimenting with the built-in auditing for the first time on a
test server, in log mode. Unless I'm missing something really obvious,
it seems to just record the same thing in both the regular record and
the log. For example, if I change a serial number from 123 to 123a, I
see 123a recorded in both the record of the main form and the
corresponding entry in the log form. This seems completely worthless
to me since I very much want to record the FORMER value during audit,
not the CURRENT value. What am I missing?

Alan

copies of the original message.