One more thing to add.  You need to configure health checks in the F5
for the midtier and arserver nodes.  I have not fully vetted any of
these approaches, but these are my thoughts:

ARS:
1. port check (this mostly works)
2. iRules in the F5 to simulate a session

Midtier:
1. HTTP post to a page that the web server displays
2. HTTP post to a page that the servlet container renders (midtier config)
3. HTTP post to a page that the midtier renders (home page)
4. port check

Axton Grams

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.