Hi,

I ran BMC Remedy Data Import (7.5 patch 3) against a 7.0 server.

It turned out to be a bad choice...

I did an "Update Old Record with New Record Data", as I have done hundreds
of times with older AR Import Tools.

I mapped two fields only, the Entry ID, and a field I wanted to set to NULL.

The result was that most fields except the core fields was cleared out.

I restored a backup and tried again with the old 7.0 AR Import Tool, and
things behaved as expected. It kept everything except the NULLed field.

I have double checked the settings I used in 7.5 patch 3, and it was correct.

1. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
2. Has anyone done this (Update Old Record...) against a 7.5 server with
good results?

Another thing. I tried setting ARAPILOGGING=1 before I started
dataimporttool.exe from the commandline. I can not find any arapires.log
or arapicmd.log  on the entire server. Has this functionality gone away???
I wanted to see if the client sent any unwarranted NULL-transaction-values
to the server.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia: