More importantly there is no AM 7.1. You need to determine the following: 1. What version of ARS are you using, if it is 7.1 then you will install CMDB 2.1 2. Since the normal ITSM application install recommends that you install CMDB prior to installing your first ITSM application if this was not done you may not be able to install CMDB. 3. Determine which version of ITSM applications you are presently using, check SHARE:Applicationproperties and then install the same version of AM

-----Original Message-----
From: Chowdhury, Tauf <tauf.chowdh...@frx.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am
Subject: Re: Asset Management 7.1

**
Chad,
To your questions regarding requirements for configuration, I’ll differ to the BMC manuals on the topic.
At the CMDB level, there are a bunch of things to consider.
Do you have any discovery tools?
If so, are you planning on using them to populate the CMDB?
If not, how are you going to handle bulk loading Asset’s/CI’s?
Our implementation is ongoing and it broken up into phases. The first phase is handling Client Assets (both discoverable and non-discoverable), and Software License Management. I will say that the Software License Management is a pain point and has many caveats and without knowing your environment completely, I cannot say which apply to you. There are also many things to consider outside of the Asset Management MODULE itself while still being required by the process such as changes/additions to Incident/Change templates that may be needed.

Tauf Chowdhury | Forest Laboratories, Inc.
Analyst, Service Management