Eric,

I tried this before but with complex mappings, I was unable to consume it using 
a filter.

So, here's what I did.

Wrote a Java web-service client to consume web-service and then integrated that 
client with Remedy using JAVA API.

Wrote a filter to invoke a Run Process that invokes that web-service client 
with parameters from Remedy. Once client is invoked, it runs, gets response and 
updates fields on Remedy using API.

Hope this helps.

If you happen to find something through Remedy filter, please share it.

Thanks
Chintan.

--- On Tue, 2/16/10, Roys, Eric D <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Roys, Eric D <[email protected]>
Subject: Consuming Complex External Web Service Help
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 1:20 PM

Can this be done via filter mapping or does this require some
middle-ware? 

I'm trying to consume a complex web service from an external source and
have hit a snag with the filter mapping. 

The construct/hierarchy of the web service is: 

Location (top of hierarchy) //i.e. some address
    -name (primaryAttribute)
    Devices (0 or more child(ren) to Location) //i.e. a host at the
address
    -name (primaryAttribute)
    -features (0 or more child(ren) contains array of Devices)
//i.e. a host can have one or more components


The results would look something like: 

Location
    -site123xxx
    Devices
        -device123
        -<feature array ref>
            Devices
                -device123_component123
                -<feature array ref ....>
                    ...


So the parent-child link gets blurred as device123_component123 is a
child to device123-> <feature array ref> not device123. And that can't
be mapped in the filter mapping. Is there anyway to handle this
natively? Have I missed something?

Thanks, 

Eric

_______________________________________________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org
Platinum Sponsor:[email protected] ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"





_______________________________________________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org
Platinum Sponsor:[email protected] ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"

Reply via email to