From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:02 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question about Session Affinity in Mid-Tier

** ARServer does not have a session per say as all authentication information
is sent in each packet, but each ARServer does keep track of what licenses are
allocated to a given account.  This is why you can connect to a Remedy server
through the user tool, bounce the Remedy server, and still use the same User
tool session to access the Remedy server after the restart.  The problem comes
into play with floating licenses since a user can cause a floating license
allocation on each ARServer.

The mid-tier stores information specific to a session in session attributes;
the session attributes are a function of the servlet container.  That is why
you must re-authenticate to the mid-tier if it is restarted while you have an
active session.  The session specifics are not serializable between multiple
instances of a servlet container, the mid-tier application does not use a
central store/replication method to serialize the objects between multiple
instances, so session persistence is required for each connection to a given
mid-tier server.

The web server in use may (optionally) track sessions.

Axton
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Garrison, Sean (Norcross)