Update:

There is an active defect SW00327170 that appears to be in QA to resolve
this issue.  Of course we have no feedback on when but I do know it was not
fixed in patch 4 since we tried that patch and had the same results.

It's a shame that something fixed in 7.0.1P7 as noted by Rafael did not seem
to find its way through numerous versions after that.

I'll provide an update when received.

Thanks,
Susan