It shouldn't be, but realistically, I need to do it for every application if I
want the full set of data, and while each individual application doesn't take
too long, getting them all takes a good 30 seconds or so.  That wouldn't be so
bad, except that that's happening as the result of a user interaction in an
application and is way too long to wait for this particular interaction to
complete...

Perhaps I can just be smarter about it and only pull back applications until I
find the one that contains the given form.  I could also start with the most
likely applications and then go from there.  That way, most of the time, I'll
get a quick hit.  If a person selects a form that doesn't belong to an
application, however, I'm back to where I started, because then they'll have to
wait for the full list to get loaded to find out that it doesn't belong to an
application...

Or maybe there's a better way to do things.  This is what I'm really trying to
accomplish:  I have an application that allows people to create records in
Remedy.  For various reasons, I have the application running with an
administrative account, but I need to still limit the ability of people to
create records only in forms that they have permissions to.  For regular group
permissions, it's easy - I just pull their list of permissions from the user
form and compare them to the permissions on the form.  The snitch comes in when
the form belongs to an application and has roles assigned for the permissions.
In that case, I either needs to find an easy way to relate those roles back to
permission groups or to find out which roles the user has so I can make an
accurate check.  The problem I'm seeing so far though, is that I'm still stuck
determine which application the form belongs to, because if I want to pull the
role/group associations from the Roles form, I still need to know the
application.  And if I want to use the API to find out what roles a person has,
I also need the name of the application.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Lyle