Dwayne,
That list is stored in a file named 'ar' in your home directory....the
symptoms you are describing is not having write access to that file....

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martin, Dwayne
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:00 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Can't change servers in client User, Admin or Import tools

**

Dear List,

We have a test (rem2) and a production (rem1) server.  For years we could go
into the User, Administrator, or Import tools "Accounts" and check the
server we wanted and uncheck the server we don't want.  But now when I click
"Accounts" I see that "rem2" has a green check and "rem1" has a red X.  I
want to log into "rem1" so I uncheck "rem2" and check "rem1" and click OK.
But if I open "Accounts" again I see that the values have servers have
reverted to their previous value.  "rem2" once again has the green arrow and
"rem1" has the red check.  Consequently I can't get into "rem1" account.
This affects all three client tools.  I am not aware of any changes to my
computer system.

It only affects the User account on my PC.  If I log in as PC Administrator,
or on to another computer everything works OK, so it looks like a permission
issue.  But my user account has permission to all the "AR System" folders.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the User and Administrator tools, but it
didn't help.

I can use another PC so this isn't an emergency, but it is annoying.  Any
suggestions?

Dwayne Martin

James Madison University

(Win XP PC, ARS and client tools 7.1 p3, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)