The DMT is installed automatically with ITSM 7.6 start with the spredsheets
provided to determine what foundation data you can export and then using DMT
import. Some of your foundation data may need to be imported without the DMT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hulmes, Timothy W Mr CTR US USA IMCOM <timothy.hul...@us.army.mil>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Mon, Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am
Subject: Import Production Data into Test Environment?

We are in a tough bind at this point.  Thought I would throw out a bone
o see if anyone knew of an easy way to complete this action.
Here is the situation, we have a production environment of:
RS 7.5 Patch 4
MDB 7.6 Patch 1  (Only thing we don't have is Product Catalog
nstalled)
TSM 7.0.03 Patch 9 plus compatibility path 9000
LM 7.6
In our Test environment we want to get to
RS 7.5 Patch 4
MDB 7.6 Patch 1
TSM 7.6 Patch 2
LM 7.6 Patch 1
Our database is SQL 2005.  If we use a copy of our production database
o upgrade we get error because of ITSM-DSL 7.0.03 Patch 9 gives us
rror during the CMDB upgrade, which is why we don't have Product
atalog in production.  We can't upgrade to ITSM without Product
atalog.
f we do a complete fresh install in test we are good but then we don't
ave any of our foundation data.  We don't really want to have to
ebuild or manually import all of that data if it can be avoided.
We have a ticket in with BMC but haven't achieved success yet.
We need to begin testing our process against ITSM 7.6 ASAP, anyone have
ny ideas of the fastest way to get that data if we do a fresh install
nstead of upgrading against the production database?
Tim
ttend wwrug10 www.wwrug.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"

=