From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of remedy lee
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:24 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: {Remedy ARS} AREA LDAP issue after upgrading to AR Server 7.1.0
Patch 9 upgrade

I had an ldap issue with an update to 7.1 patch 3 long ago. It was a
little different.
I could authenticate with the first ldap in the config but the rest
wouldn't work. So not sure if this will help.

Found out a little bit of information, well confirmed it actually,
concerning the information on page 174 of the Integration Guide.

What this means is that you can only have one plugin dll in the ar.cfg
file. What I see in your ar.cfg file is this:

Plugin: arealdap.dll

and

Plugin: areahub.dll

Since the arealdap.dll is listed first in the ar.cfg file, that is the
plugin being used. Please comment out or remove the Plugin:
arealdap.dll line that exists at the top of the ar.cfg file, then
restart ARServer and test.

What I also confirmed was that when using the AREA Hub dll, if a user
authentication call fails for any reason, it should still failover to
the next LDAP server in the AREALDAP Configuration form list, until it
authenticates the user or exhausts the list of directory servers.

Let me know if this information helps to resolve the issue.