This basically comes down to RRTFM (ReRead The FM) on my part.  The problem
is self-inflicted.  The passwords in the EIE:DataExchange records are
changing when we manually change the Verify Process Status field from 1 to
NULL.

We were having a problem with a DE validation getting stuck when there were
mapping issues and we could not rerun the validation because the button was
still set to Get Results.  After a little reverse engineering I unhid the
Verify Process Status field so we could clear it and Validate the DE again
(yes I know the field is hidden for a reason but it is test and is how I
learn the modules inside and out).

Armed with this info I returned to the AIE manual to see what it says about
the verify button and found this:

"If the AIE service crashes for any reason after you click the Get Result
button, you must explicitly log out of your BMC Remedy User session using
the Logout button on the Data Exchanges Console. If you simply close and
restart your BMC Remedy User session, the Verify button continues to show
the Get Result label, preventing you from verifying other data exchanges."

It was enough to help me find the AL 'EIE:ST-ClickLogoutButton' (Push Fields
action to 3 fields on EIE:DataExchange) which resets the Verify button when
clicking the Close button.

I find statement in the AIE manual misleading because you need to click the
button labeled Close (the db name is Logout but an end user would not know
that).  Actually closing the "Remedy User session" as suggested (Closing
WUT, going to logout.jsp or PERFORM-ACTION-EXIT-APP) will not reset the
Verify flag.

I don't find it intuitive that a person needs to close the form to reset the
Verify status.  Especially when it is just and AL behind a button.  It looks
like it may have been an after thought something like "hey there is already
an AL for closing the window let's tack it on to that to reset."  I think
this is a common decision Remedy developers come up against.  Try and keep
objects to a minimum for performance and manageability or add the necessary
fields/workflow to make the UI intuitive and function like "normal" web or
complied apps where you have traditional code (although there is something
to be said about code bloat in other types of apps too).

It also seems odd that the push fields action to reset the Verify status has
a 1=1 qualification so it will reset all Data Exchanges.  I don't think it
would cause any harm but say if two people were working on different Data
Exchanges at the same time one user's actions would have an effect on the
other user.  It seems like a odd session bleed over to me.

I hope these details help others who try to be smarter than the system :)
Jason