I believe both would perform equally. However, taking into consideration
that escalations should be used at a minimum, I would prefer the first
option, i.e; set fields with escalation and push fields with filter.
Also,this would help when the escalation queue is longer.

Regards,
SriSamSri Appecherla
Mobile# +91 991 610 6008